Saturday, February 5, 2011

My Own Back Yard


This is my second post today. I'm not sure if that means my creative juices are flowing or if I just have way too much time on my hands. Either way this post won't be very wordy, mostly just pictures. We got another four inches of what was forecast to be "flurries" today. I was out walking Bazinga and brought my camera with me. Both during and after the snow. It reminds me of something Dorothy said at the end of the Wizard of Oz. "The next time I go looking for my hearts desire, I won't look any further than my own back yard." Or something close to that. We forget sometimes to see the beauty in the things that inconvenience us. That's what I stopped to do today. Ok, yeah, I do have too much time on my hands.
flurries

I wish I could figure out how to arrange these photos the way I want them. I haven't gotten that advanced with this yet. I still have much to learn. Below are pictures taken both during and after the snow. The ones taken during the storm are from my front porch and after a walk down the street. In the one with the brick buildings you will see Bazinga and my tracks in the snow. After the storm the sun came out and everything looked so fresh and sparkling. Those are all from my back yard.
my new little town
The view from our front porch
The birch tree in our yard
our sycamore tree

the sycamore again

the bench on our back patio


I just thought the snow on the bark was cool

My fingers got very cold taking these, but I believe it was worth it. They didn't fall off or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment