Tuesday, May 10, 2011

ZaAa.\\\ (Kahlen typed the title for this post)

As Kahlen snoozes away on the couch next to me, my thoughts are allowed to roam in their own fashion. This can be good and it can be bad. For instance, thinking about how happy Alyssa and Shane will be tomorrow to see their little bug in a rug is good.

Thinking about how sick I am of the political picture in this country is bad. It just makes me mad. I could go on and on about it, but for the most part I try not to talk about politics on my blog. I want it to be a mostly pleasant thing to read. Politics is just never pleasant. Let's face it, it is not about what we can do for our country anymore. It is about how can we make the other guy look bad. Aggravating! That is just never going to get our country back on the right track again. But enough of that!

Good thoughts are better and don't tend to raise my blood pressure so much. Right now I am thinking of Kahlen's excellent fashion sense. I think all of us should be so free spirited as to think that pink rain boots go with everything. If we like something we should wear it. Why must we all conform to someone else's idea of what is fashionable.

I was watching CNN's American Morning this morning, (up much too early thanks to Bazinga.) They were talking about a exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City. It was of a fashion designers work. Someone named McQueen. They showed what they were putting on display as examples of this man's fashion genius. They were hideous. Like a nightmare in fabric. But some idiot somewhere decided they were high fashion and what we should all be spending insane amounts of money to have the privilege to wear. I don't get it. Hmmm, I think I feel the blood pressure rising again, I guess I'm back to bad thoughts. But really, who decides these things and why do we have to listen to them? I have to say, I've seen fashion shows on TV of "high fashion" and I've seen some of the people who decide these things, they don't inspire confidence.

I know, I know, I'm no fashionista. I am not in anyway a master of the craft. I hate buying clothes for myself. I hate wasting money on what other people think I should wear. I hate that show where the hosts make fun of the way a person dresses, makes them feel like a failure and a misfit. Brings them to tears and then makes them conform to what the hosts think is more proper. The guy on the show, wears paisley for goodness sake. Paisley looks good on no one. Oh, and heaven forbid if you should question him on his wardrobe choices. He gets offended and starts spurting the designers names of everything he is wearing.  I'd just want to say "so...." Bleck! So if I go spend $1000 on a horrible paisley shirt, I can wear that as long as it is from the proper designer, but wearing a t-shirt and jeans is a fashion disaster! Give me a break!

Rant over. The dog has woke Kahlen from her nap. Time for rambling thoughts is over. Busy time is back.

No comments:

Post a Comment