Monday, June 27, 2011

Nature vs. Technology

Yesterday Willie and I spent most of the day outside getting yard work done. He spent a lot of time in the garden clearing an area for the pumpkin patch to expand into. (Personally, I don't think Rossville is big enough.) I finished mowing the back yard.

I only mow the back yard. Willie is a little more particular about how the yard looks, where people can see it. I tend to mow in an erratic, whatever way is easier manner. He mows in a more particular and organized fashion. Therefore, Willie mows the front, I mow the back. He tells me that I don't need to mow at all, but the yard is huge. I don't want him to have to waste his whole day off, picking up after the Mia Tree and then mowing. It is one thing I can do to make his life a little easier. I let him do the weed whacking though, I despise that.

After a day out in nature, we came in to have supper and relax vegging out in front of the TV. Willie and I have different viewing habits. Very different. He likes sports and reality shows, and that weird hoarders show. I like cooking shows, comedies, and old movies. I usually don't mind giving the remote over to him, what I like to watch I can record on the DVR. They aren't like  sporting events that would get ruined if someone told me the score. While he watched what he wanted, I played on the computer. I knew that I had DVR'd the food network show, The Next Food Network Star, and knew I could watch it later.

Today, after the children I babysit left for the day, I settled on the couch and grabbed the remote. This is the first season I have ever gotten into the Next Food Network Star. I have never ever liked reality TV shows. Willie loves Survivor. Sometimes I end up watching that with him. I can't stand watching grown ups act like vengeful little children. After the episode would be over I'd feel, cranky and angry. I don't like feeling that way. I guess that's why I like comedies.

I pulled up the list of shows recorded and highlight Next Food Network Star. I have a few favorites that I would really like to see win, and only two that I really want to see go away. I like watching them plan their meals and adapt when they don't have the ingredients they need. I like watching when they work well together, and kind of like watching them mess up..... they are human.

Watching the episode today, I found myself more than ever wanting one particular person to go home. She was even more annoying and irritating than ever, not why I like to watch the show. They got to the final challenge. They made it look like her dish burned with out her knowing. It came to the part where her dish was about to be served...... THE DAMM DVR STOPPED!!!!! It didn't record the whole episode! What was THAT all about! AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!! I am going to have to wait till the rebroadcast now to see what happened! I do know she wasn't sent home. I don't know who was for sure though. I will find out Wednesday I suppose.

Technology, can't live with it, can't run over it with a truck. Well, you can, but then you just have to pay $1,000 to Direct TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment