Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Mia Tree

 We have a sycamore tree in our yard that is at least 90 years old. It is provides much appreciated shade. Our backyard is usually ten degrees cooler than it is walking  down the sidewalk in front of our house. This is all very nice when you have to go out and mow the backyard.

As much as I love and appreciate this giant tree, I have named it The Mia Tree. It is huge,(like Mia), it is beautiful, (not so much like Mia) and it........ SHEDS!!!!  It sheds as much and as often as Mia.

Every time there is a storm, or strong wind, or a neighbor playing a clarinet, this tree drops branches. This does not make mowing easy or fun.
 It took me two hours to pick up the sticks before I could even think about mowing yesterday. The sticks filled the wheelbarrow twice. And yet... somehow... I was still getting pelted with stick shrapnel  with every step I took. It hit me in the leg, it hit me in the arm, it hit me smack in the middle of the forehead! I was not amused.

Like Mia, who loves to jump up, in the middle of the night, land on my stomach with her 20 pounds of fat, the Mia Tree was bound to torture me. And like Mia, tomorrow the tree will be comforting and nice to have around all over again.

I thought I'd add a weekly picture of the pumpkin patch. If you check back to last Sunday's post, The Best Part of Summer Rains,  you will see how much it has grown this week.  Bazinga is not convinced that it isn't going to eat him.

No comments:

Post a Comment