Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Shades of Summer

 I started back to work this week. Unfortunately, it is at a Walgreens in Danville. When I found out I had to move back to this area, the one thing I very much did not want to do was go back to work at a Danville Walgreens. The job market around here was not cooperative, money got very tight, and getting a job where ever I could became a necessary evil.

That said, I have been very stressed by it, so a day of fun was in order. Willie and I both had today off work. I decided the best thing for stress was to go hiking in one of my favorite state parks.
 I have posted about this park before, Shades State Park in Indiana. I had winter pictures, spring pictures and decided some summer pictures were in order. Come this fall you may see fall pictures as well. I didn't think to bring my regular camera with me, so these were all taken on my iPhone, (which I have dropped on more than one occasion, I think it has affected my camera) the quality is not the best.

Of course Bazinga came along, too. The weather was very cooperative, finally the long heat wave seems to have broken. We got wet, and dirty and sweaty and stinky. I think we all had a very good time.

I don't have a lot to say, so I will just leave you with the images of a very stress free, very needed day. (Willie wouldn't let me take any pictures of him, big surprise, but he really was there!)

this little guy stopped long enough for me to get this shot, ignore my shadow please






3 comments:

  1. Well, I suppose I should say "congrats" on the new job but I think "I'm sorry" is probably more in order! ;) Looks like you guys had a fun day off together though - and maybe you should let Willie take YOUR picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Willie has the same phone I do, if he wanted to he could take pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. to have a reasonable income source is a must, but to have a job you hate and not doing something you love, spending your days in a fulfilling way, that is pretty soulcrushing... a constant struggle for most of us, sadly. and to hold on to all those good moments, but still having to spend the major part of the days in a non-pleasing way in order to pay the bills. it makes me want to scream.

    i think a lot about what life is trying to tell me/us via all this... and why shoudl it be such a struggle to be able to earn money doing what you love?

    looks like a lovely, recuperating day!

    ReplyDelete