Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Looking Forward

After a week at the new job, I am exhausted and disheartened. Nothing seems to be going right and everything I try to do fights me. From trying to put my application in, to every step since then. It is like the universe is telling me that I am not supposed to be working there, but at the same time not giving me any viable options. It is frustrating. I feel like my life is at a crossroads, with no signs to tell me which way to turn. I feel like I'm supposed to reach for something loftier, but I have no ladder to climb to get there.

So, for now, I will try very hard to concentrate on good things. I will put my time in at work, work hard and do my best but look beyond the eight hours, and look forward to better things.

This weekend I get to go home for Kahlen's birthday party. I am so excited. She is changing so quickly now. My little grand baby, grew into a toddler and is turning quickly into a little girl. A little girl with definite likes and dislikes. A personality, with a sense of humor. I can't wait to see her. She will be two years old on Friday. TWO! Time passes so swiftly. Her smile will brighten my universe!

And there are weddings! And bridal showers to look forward to. The first of which is Alyssa's bridal shower. It is in about 2 and 1/2 weeks, another wonderful reason to get to go home. The next few months will be a whirlwind of activity and things to get done. I am looking forward to good times with family and friends. It helps to get me through the here and now.

No comments:

Post a Comment