Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Wedding Flowers

I've been working on wedding stuff for Alyssa's wedding. She is getting married in the fall and has decided on orange and brown for her colors. She loves star gazer lilies, so I've been trying to use as many as I can.

I haven't been making all of the arrangements the same though. They are all different, I hope she is ok with that. This is the first time I have ever done anything like this.  My biggest fear is that we will get them to the reception hall and they will have fallen apart. I think looks wise I am doing ok, I send Alyssa a picture of each one when I'm done, so far all's good. She will get to see them in person in ten days. Not that I'm counting.


 Valerie, Alyssa, Shane and Kahlen are coming for a visit on the 15th. I am not only counting the days, but the hours and minutes as well. I cant wait! I haven't seen any of them since May. I am definitely in severe withdraw!

We get to have Kahlen for almost a whole week too! I may just let her help with an arrangement too. They can put it on a very special table. A Kahlen table. I think a Kahlen table is a very good idea.

I'm having a lot of fun making these. My hand is sore and swollen from the wire cutters, but it has been so worth it. I feel so removed from the plans, this way I feel a little more involved. I just hope I get to help out with Josh's wedding to somehow.
Still have so much to do! I need more tiger lilies!

No comments:

Post a Comment