Tuesday, April 13, 2010

April 13, 2010

Beautiful day outside. Finally, feels like spring is here to stay. After the long snowy winter seems like everyone is feeling better and less stressed.

I wish I could say the same for my husband. He has been having troubles at work. He works for a big box home improvement store. He has always loved his job and this time of year is always a challenge, but this year even more. He is thinking about taking a step back from his responsibilities to be able to enjoy his new granddaughter more. It has been a long hard choice for him, but he had to make his final decision by today. I'm not sure what he decided, I just want him to be happy. And lets face it we aren't getting any younger and less stress would be good for him. The one thing that make him smile is our beautiful little granddaughter Kahlen.

Kahlen turned eight months old yesterday! I couldn't believe it, I actually found myself counting the months on my fingers to make sure it was really eight months. Is there anything more beautiful than an eight month old? I mean, really. They can sit on their own, entertain themselves a little, but still can't get around well enough to get into much mischief. She has personality that is just exploding all over the place and loves laughing. I must say that she takes after me in one way, when she gets too tired, everything makes her giggle. (until she gets to the point where she is screaming. And boy can she let out a wail and a half).

The reason I call my blog Growing up "Gramma" is that since Kahlen has entered my life I feel I have grown in so many ways. You'd think that you'd get to a certain age and growing would stop. That at some point, even though you still learn new things, actually maturity is finally reached. Its just not true. How long do we really keep maturing? I know in my case, I already see many things in new ways. Work for example. When I wake up to go to work, which is always hard, I can go into Kahlen's room. I see her sleeping, and think to myself "yeah, ok, this is a good reason to go to work today. Keeping a roof over her head, and making sure her room is warm and cozy, that's why I go to work." Some how it makes the day go better. Knowing that she will be there to give me a big old toothless grin when I get home, well that makes even the worst day melt away.

I know that one day her mom and dad will move out and start a home of their own. That will be a good thing when the time comes. But for now, I treasure every minute I get to have with this little girl. I know how lucky I am to have this time with her.


No comments:

Post a Comment