Monday, July 30, 2012

I Just Grow Everything Big, I Guess

This is ONE tomato plant. 
 My son, Joshua, is six foot, three inches tall. My daughter, Alyssa, is a good three inches taller than me. My Maltese dog is ten pounds, the biggest they are supposed to be is about seven pounds. Mia, well, my fat cat is about twenty pounds. Last year I tried to grow mini pumpkins for Alyssa's wedding and the patch took over the yard.

This year it is the tomato plant that ate the world. That fence behind the plant, is five feet tall. As you can see it is a good two feet taller than it.
The tomato plant on the right is normal sized.
The one on the right, the monster of Rossville. 

How I grow things so big I will never know. Valerie, my short daughter, says she is normal sized and the rest of us all are freaks of nature. (She really is just short. And I'm guessing that I'm going to take some flack for that.)

It isn't just tall either. I don't think I've ever had a tomato plant get this big. If you are wondering, yes, it is producing tomatoes like mad. Willie told me today that he gave it a boost of fertilizer. I wonder if it will grow legs and start walking now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment