Monday, April 23, 2012

Guess What?

 On March 29th I received this picture from my daughter with the text message, "Surprise!" That was Shane and Alyssa's way of announcing to family and close friends that they were expecting their second baby! Much to my dismay, I was not allowed to tell anyone, or put it on Facebook, or write about it here...... Until NOW!

I'm going to be a NAHMA AGAIN!!!!! Which, of course also means Willie is going to be a Grandpa again. More importantly though, I'm going to be a NAHMA AGAIN!!!!!! I'm not excited though, not even a little bit.

Alyssa is about 8 weeks, so due date is November 28. I got to work on Saturday, told my boss, she got excited for me and congratulated me. Then I disappeared over to the drive thru computer for a few minutes. Came back around the corner and said "You  may want to change your mind about those congratulations when you see how much time I just requested off."

She laughed and replied, "Well, it isn't until November so I think we can adjust."

Alyssa is in the middle of morning sickness hell. She has been doing ok, but just feeling the early pregnancy pukes and exhaustion. She and Shane, I'm sure, are anxiously waiting for the twenty week mark to find out if it is a girl or boy. Still twelve weeks away. Twelve weeks. T.W.E.L.V.E!!!! How many weeks until we find out if it is a girl or boy? TWELVE!!!! I may not survive, I...I...I mean they are very excited to find out. That's three months you know.

Kahlen is excited. She goes back and forth about wanting a baby brother or baby sister, which is good, because it could be either. We won't know for twelve weeks you know. I think she will make a great big sister. I'm sure there will be a bit of jealousy, she is normal after all. I think she will deal with it well, and her mom and dad will help her through it.

For now, Nahma will just have to put the whole shopping for the new baby on hold, for TWELVE WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!


Yeah, like THAT'S going to happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment